Google is gearing up to launch the Tensor G4, a custom-designed mobile processor expected to succeed the Tensor G3, set to power the upcoming Pixel 8 series. The Tensor G4 is rumored to be built upon Samsung’s Exynos 2400 chipset, featuring a powerful 1+4+4+4 CPU configuration and an upgraded Mali-G715 GPU. In addition to these enhancements, it’s expected to bring improvements in image processing, machine learning, 5G connectivity, and security. Explore the potential benefits and drawbacks of this upcoming mobile processor.
Google is on the brink of unveiling its next-generation mobile processor, the Google Tensor G4, poised to succeed the Tensor G3 currently powering the Pixel 7 series. Anticipation is high for this custom-designed chip, expected to bring significant improvements in performance, power efficiency, and features.
Tensor G4 Based on Exynos 2400
Rumors suggest that the Tensor G4 will be built upon Samsung’s Exynos 2400 chipset, featuring a unique 1+4+4+4 CPU configuration. This setup includes one powerful Cortex-X4 core, four Cortex-A720 cores, four Cortex-A720 cores, and four Cortex-A520 cores. With a total of 13 CPU cores, the Tensor G4 could become one of the most potent mobile processors on the market.
Upgraded Mali-G715 GPU
In the graphics department, the Tensor G4 is expected to outperform its predecessor. While the Tensor G3 boasts a Mali-G710 GPU, the G4 is rumored to house a Mali-G715 GPU. This upgrade promises a substantial boost in graphics performance, making it ideal for demanding tasks like gaming and video editing.
Other Expected Improvements
Beyond CPU and GPU enhancements, the Tensor G4 is rumored to bring several other improvements to the table:
- Image Signal Processor (ISP): Expect an upgraded ISP for better image and video processing.
- Neural Processing Unit (NPU): A new NPU may enhance machine learning performance.
- 5G Connectivity: Improved 5G connectivity is anticipated through a new modem.
- Security: Enhanced security with the inclusion of a new security chip.
Potential Benefits of Tensor G4
The Google Tensor G4 has the potential to offer numerous benefits to users:
- Improved Performance: It is expected to be one of the most powerful mobile processors, excelling in demanding tasks like gaming, video editing, and machine learning.
- Enhanced Power Efficiency: The G4 is likely to be more power-efficient, extending device usage on a single charge.
- Advanced Features: With upgrades in ISP, NPU, modem, and security, users can anticipate an enhanced overall experience and improved device security.
Potential Drawbacks of Tensor G4
Despite its potential, there are considerations to keep in mind:
- Higher Cost: As a high-end mobile processor, the Tensor G4 may come at a premium compared to other processors.
- Development Stage: Since the G4 is still in development, there might be initial bugs or performance issues upon release.
In summary, the Google Tensor G4 holds promise as a mobile processor, offering significant performance and feature enhancements compared to its predecessor, the Tensor G3. However, as it is in the development stage, real-world performance remains to be seen.